How often have you asked for three bids on a large painting job and received very different numbers? Why is that? In a word: Scope.
Many factors determine the cost of painting the exterior of a building including:
- Type of surface to be coated
- Extent of prep needed including pressure washing and primer coat
- Caulking expansion joints and repair of masonry, stucco and metal surfaces
- Number of coats required
- Amount of trim work
- Type of paint – latex, elastomeric, polyurethane, industrial enamel
- Brand of paint – not all paints are equal in quality or expected lifespan
To avoid surprises and unsatisfactory results, make sure all painting bids are based on the same scope.
For more information on how SMS can help with your next painting project visit: