How about 1993, 2011 or 2014? Our nine-hour treks home from work remain legendary. Some even spent a frigid night stranded in their cars.
Vehicles abandoned along I-285 during the 1982 blizzard.
Copyright Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Courtesy of Georgia State University.
Atlanta’s normally mild winters can sometimes give way to the Polar Express and when this happens your properties had better be prepared.
While a hard freeze will inevitably cause problems, there are many steps property managers and tenants can take to limit the damage.
- Water service to vacant suites should be shut off and all water lines drained.
- All outdoor water service including irrigation systems should be shut off and drained.
- Ensure that all under-canopy fire suppression systems are properly charged with air.
- When extreme weather approaches remind tenants to maintain heat inside their space.
- As soon as possible following a power outage water service to the building and tenant suites should be shut off and pipes drained.
- Pre-apply ice melt on sidewalks to help prevent ice from forming.
Contact SMS for assistance in preparing your properties for the next snow jam likely to come.
For more information please visit: